Thursday, May 30, 2013

Vacation starts now! ✈

Well this will be my last update until the end of June. We are going to leave here tomorrow night and make the 2.5 hour drive to LA -> Chicago for a layover -> Detroit -> 3 hour drive north. It's going to be a LONG Saturday. I'm getting nervous about flying with the little guy. I have flown more times than I can remember and I ALWAYS had babies near me and I absolutely hated it. Now we're going to be those people. I have Mickey Mouse downloaded and ready to play on the kindle fire, and a few toys I packed away a week or so ago so maybe he will be excited to see them again. I've read up on all the tips and am ready to just get it over with. Wish me luck!!

I did some REALLY fun cake pops the past week, the ESC (enlisted spouses club) of Edwards AFB is doing a quarter auction and I was asked to donate cake pops for the dessert table! The theme is Luau so this is what I came up with



I LOVE these grass skirts! I thought they turned out pretty darn cute ;)

I also did some cake bites for a friend (Hi Mark!) He is designing my website and will hopefully get it up and going in the next few days. He's having a bunch of friends over for a 20's style party.

Some pearls and black bites w/ white roses. 

My cousin (Hi brea!) is having a baby girl that is due to make an appearance around August 2nd. She had her baby shower last weekend and I made her some cute cake pops. She LOVES owls so of course I had to make some.



I think those light pink pearly ones are adorable for a princess :) I also made the cake purple for a little surprise. I thought the owls turned out alright for my first run at em'

I have also been messing around with dipped oreos which I'm now addicted too *shakes fist* I'm NEVER going to lose these last 10 lbs. SIGH






Yay for dipped oreos!

I had a customer tell me her son loved Ben 10 and she wanted to take some cake pops to his class. I had no idea who Ben 10 was so after a few google searches I came up with these
turns out he really liked them :) 

Oh yeah, and these whales and fish. Not my favorite, but my customer was happy :)

Now to end this blog I'm going to absolutely share a picture of my handsome fella

Hope you all have a LOVELY June - I will have so much to tell you about when I return from vacation! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment