Wednesday, April 10, 2013

One busy lady..

Today was a busy day and it started at nearly 7 AM thanks to my ever so wonderful (almost) 5 month old, but first I have to tell you about all the goodies I bought last night at Michaels. Wilton Candy Melts were only $1.97 (GASP) - I KNOW! As soon as I saw that on my phone I packed up the diaper bag, grabbed the kido, and darted out the door. I bought about 20 bags! Although I prefer Merckens I couldn't pass up that deal! I also finally bought some wood to make some cake pops stands which my lovely husband helped me with Today. Anyways, point is I ended up spending just under $60.00 and got a TON of stuff. So if you're near a Michaels and need to stock up I suggest you do so fast, my local store was already out of pink and the sale doesn't end until Saturday. They are also offering 50% off cake decorating classes!! 
So today I finally had the time to start up Blogger (yay!) now I wont have to work so hard updating my blog on Dee's-licious Desserts. I have to say this is much easier. After finishing that up I ran to the post office to ship out some cake pops, and ordered my boxes to ship out all the Mother's Day orders. I am in shock at how many orders I already have! I've already started prepping the bubble wrap and will hopefully soon start on the tags. If I don't start now I will be in over my head come the time I need to fill orders. 
I tried a new fondant recipe (here) and it turned out ..alright.. luckily it will work for what I'm doing with it. I didn't have any clear vanilla, but I don't think it made much of a difference.. it's still pretty white. I also started on little lady bugs for a Cake Pop order. I am really excited about these, I have never done lady bugs before! I may still play around with it though, I'm never really satisfied with my work. I also baked the cakes to roll up for the Autism Awareness balls I will be doing tomorrow at some point. I was expecting more people to order them, but any donation will help, right? I only got 7 orders I believe, but will be rounding my donation up to $10.00. After all that's why I am doing them.
Now it's time to clean up and give my little man a bath. He has a photo shoot tomorrow with his favorite photographer and Momma is excited! 


(and yes, I made ALL that fondant for those ladybugs..luckily this stuff stores pretty easy)

No comments:

Post a Comment